Nine women and counting have come forward to publicly claim Bill Cosby sexually assaulted them.
They all say, that they are telling their stories after living in fear and with embarrassment for many years. But Cosby’s lawyer has charged some of the women as liars and opportunists, and labeled the press coverage a “feeding frenzy.”
Carla Ferrigno – now married to bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno – is the latest to come forward with a Cosby assault story. Ferrigno was working as a Playboy Bunny in 1967 when she alledges having gone double-dating with he and wife, Camille. She claimed the date wound up at Cosbys’ house, and when Camille retired for the evening, Cosby attacked her.
In a statement to the Daily Mail, Ferrigno claimed that, “…he was much bigger than me. Much bigger and he pulled me so hard and so rough. I had never been treated so roughly. Then he kissed me so hard, right in the mouth. No one has ever been that physically violent with me. I was stunned. I was frozen. I took all my body strength and used both of my arms to stop him and push him away from me. He was so forceful.”
On why she chose to speak out now, Ferrigno said, “I want to be one of those women. One more nail in the coffin.”
Former model and actress Angelia Leslie told The Daily News that the comedian forced her to masturbate him in a hotel room in 1992. She said he offered her a drink but she refused: “I couldn’t drink it. I tasted it and put it down,” she said. “Then he asked me to go into the bathroom and wet my hair. I walked back out, and he had removed his clothing and gotten into bed.” She said Cosby poured lotion into her palm and put her hand on him, and his on hers. “He masturbated with my hand. I wasn’t pulling back. I was in shock.”
Actress Louisa Moritz told TMZ that she was at NBC studios in 1971 waiting in the green room for an appearance on The Tonight Show when Cosby came in and “suddenly approached me and took out his penis, which was now in the line of my face, and pressed up against it.
“He took his hands and put them on the back of my head and forced his penis in my mouth, saying, ‘have a taste of this. It will do you good in so many ways.’”
Therese Serignese, now a nurse in Boca Raton, said the television icon raped her in 1976 when she was 19 years old following a show in Las Vegas. She said she went backstage and when the two were alone, Cosby gave her two pills and a glass of water, saying, “Take these.”
“My next memory is clearly feeling drugged, being without my clothes, standing up,” Serignese said. “Bill Cosby was behind me, having sex with me.”
Barbara Bowman, an aspiring actress, said in a Nov. 13 Washington Post column that she was 17 and blacked out after Cosby drugged her, waking up to find herself in panties and a man’s T-shirt with the television icon looming over her, feeling certain she was raped.
Joan Tarshis said this past Monday that she was 19 and wanted to be a comedy writer when Cosby gave her a drink and forced her to perform oral sex on him.
Janice Dickinson on Tuesday told Entertainment Tonight that Cosby had given her red wine and a pill when they were together in a Lake Tahoe, California, hotel room in 1982. Cosby’s lawyer, Martin Singer, said in a letter to the AP that Dickinson’s charges were “false and outlandish.”
Tamara Green wrote an opinion piece Wednesday for Entertainment Tonight. In 2005, Green publicly claimed that she was drugged and Cosby attempted to assault her; Cosby’s lawyers have previously denied they knew each other.
In addition, Andrea Constand filed a civil suit against Cosby in 2005, which lawyers said would include testimony from 13 unnamed women. The suit was settled out of court.
Cosby’s attorney Marty Singer has blasted many of the accounts. “People coming out of nowhere with this sort of inane yarn is what happens in a media-driven feeding frenzy.”
Cosby spokesman David Brokaw did not respond for comment. Singer, in a statement released Sunday, criticized previous “decades-old, discredited allegations,” stating that “the fact that they are being repeated does not make them true.”
Cosby made no mention of the allegations Thursday during a benefit performance in the Bahamas for a women’s service organization. He stuck to his routine, including stories about his childhood growing up in the projects of Philadelphia. There were few empty seats in the house and a few people gave him an ovation when he finished his set.
Some in the audience said the allegations against Cosby remain unproven and they added that his performance was a benefit for what they felt was a good cause.
Cosby so far, has maintained both his silence and his innocence, for the most part.
By the way, Bill Cosby’s net worth is $400 million.
Check in with www.Starforcehiphop.com for updates on this unfolding story.